History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Tips you use to prepare your ride

Mounting your GPS.

• Mr Blue
  • Mr Blue's Avatar Topic Author
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Not a God, but close cause I'm a
More
8 years 6 months ago #78824 by Mr Blue
Mounting your GPS. was created by Mr Blue
Okie Dokie, now i've got a new all singing all dancing GPS, and was wondering where all you astute Old Bulls mounts yours for ease of use and so it doesn't end up as trail trash?

At the moment mine is mounted sorta in my bar pad but still sits proud of the pad and in the event of an endo or flip I could see it becoming rather hurt.

Part II of my question is
Alittle while ago i decided to take a nap in a tree, at speed, the reslting damage hurt some bits but I fixed them except the Speedo, now Yamaha want my firstborn in exchange for this basic piece of Cwap that looks like it came off the model T, has anyone any idea wether you can use your GPS as a speedo legally?
Mine is a Garmin Dakota 10 with large speedo and tripmeter display as one of the windows, so legibility is not an issue, neither is accuracy, I did a running test with our road meauring devices, after a kilometre there was 3 metres difference or less than 0.3% error, definitely more accurate than a standard mechanical or sensor drive speedo.

Thanks Blokes in advance

BC

Strokes are hard to come by, why waste them

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #78825 by Krusty
Replied by Krusty on topic Mounting your GPS.
Hi Blue.. Glad you asked this question... I bought one of these yesturday.. I hope it works...

www.ja-gps.com.au/Garmin/gps60-handlebar-mount/

BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE SOMEONE, WALK A MILE IN THEIR SHOES.  THAT WAY, WHEN YOU CRITICIZE THEM YOU'LL BE A MILE AWAY AND HAVE THEIR SHOES.

• Mr Blue
  • Mr Blue's Avatar Topic Author
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Not a God, but close cause I'm a
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #78827 by Mr Blue
Replied by Mr Blue on topic Mounting your GPS.
c-e-l wrote:

Hi Blue.. Glad you asked this question... I bought one of these yesturday.. I hope it works...

www.ja-gps.com.au/Garmin/gps60-handlebar-mount/

Hey CEL, I've only ever used location GPS, never mapping ones, but so far I'm wrapped in this unit, user friendly +++, and solid as, but not sure it could take being stomped into the ground by a bike, and Rego's due in June so I'm a bit reticent to get another speedo when this is better.

that's a good looking slim mount, unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get one like that for mine yet, the one for mine ends up being about 3" high

Strokes are hard to come by, why waste them
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Mr Blue.

More
8 years 6 months ago #78830 by Krusty
Interesting question though on the speedo..

I have an after market one that may work with your bike.. What are you riding? (Yamaha?) You can have it.. Go to ballards site and open their online catalog.. ballards.cc/68-page-catalogue It is pictured in the top left corner of page 37...

BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE SOMEONE, WALK A MILE IN THEIR SHOES.  THAT WAY, WHEN YOU CRITICIZE THEM YOU'LL BE A MILE AWAY AND HAVE THEIR SHOES.

• TB
  • Site Owner
  • Site Owner
  • Roost with no excuses and Ride with no regrets
More
8 years 6 months ago #78831 by TB
Replied by TB on topic Mounting your GPS.
With regards to the speedo legal question my understanding is as it doesnt add up total klms travelled over the years (for rego records) it wouldn't stand up. Don't quote me its 2nd hand information but makes sense to me.

As far as the GPS mount goes well I use this setup

Mounting in the same place on crashes bike it survived all of his crashes and he is named Crash for a reason

TB

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away

More
8 years 6 months ago #78833 by Krusty
So TB you dont you have the stock speedo anymore? do you have a larger more zoomed in view of that setup?

Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds