History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Tips you use to prepare your ride

Did my own Pipe Repair

• Ollie
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Roll me in Honey and throw me to the Lesbians!
More
8 years 11 months ago #60791 by Ollie
Replied by Ollie on topic Did my own Pipe Repair
Good effort mate,easy when you know how eh, Next you should have a go at making a fibreglass or carbon fibre gard. www.obtrailriders.com/index.php?option=c...ew&catid=33&id=19009

The satisfaction gained from doing it yourself is always a good thing

Ollie

What ever !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #60792 by tf2
Replied by tf2 on topic Did my own Pipe Repair
Boony wrote:

Top repair job,, dont you have one of the guards that look like your bike ran over a rather large caterpillar,,you know menace has one on his Kato. :ohmy:

Pipe guards are for Fags :P

Just kidding.
those hyde guards are shovels. i had a u bute $260 carbon guard which took small things like rocks and small branches when i had the OEM pipe and still put a big depression in it on my first ride with Murph.
Then i bought a FMF Gnarly and i cant find a pipe guard to fit it. have dinged the gnarly twice since then nothing major but cost me $80 first time so i will just run the gnarly bare back and fix dings when they arise.

actually next project is to build a cro mo cage like the PRP guards to fit up to the gnarly. more investigations and risk assessments :laugh:

More
8 years 11 months ago #60797 by tf2
Replied by tf2 on topic Did my own Pipe Repair
Murph the surf wrote:

Well done tf2
Love the vice on that special work bench mate
Great job, you'll have people lining up with dinged pipes for miles. I'm first :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Send some pics of the jigs that block the ends if you don't mind mate and I'll knock something up so I can have a go at Smurphs old pipe
Cheers
Murph

the missus gets plenty of enjoyment out of the way i conduct my "special projects" too Murph.

will do murph i will take some close ups and send em through when i get a chance. you with your knowledge should be able to come up with a better design based off what i have got. if you do i want one. can give some advice on it now after fixing my pipe.

• Ollie
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Factory Team Racer
More
8 years 11 months ago #60818 by Ollie
Murph the surf wrote:

Send some pics of the jigs that block the ends if you don't mind mate and I'll knock something up so I can have a go at Smurphs old pipe
Cheers
Murph

here murph is a photy similar to the one that I made ;)

Ollie

What ever !!

More
8 years 11 months ago #60855 by Murph the surf
Thanks Ollie
Nice job there mate
Now comes the questions

1)Do the bolts just clamp onto the pipe? Obviously there is a rubber gasket ie the pink material on yours

2)What sort of pressures are we looking at? Can't be much or it would blow the ends off easy enough?

Cheers
Murph

82 DT175 new, 82 IT465, 84 IT490, 85 TT600 new, GPZ1100 the first EFI model, TT250, DR600, 04 KTM525 new, 07 KTM 525 new, 012 KTM500 new.

• Ollie
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Factory Team Racer
More
8 years 11 months ago #60856 by Ollie
Murph the surf wrote:

Thanks Ollie
Nice job there mate
Now comes the questions

1)Do the bolts just clamp onto the pipe? Obviously there is a rubber gasket ie the pink material on yours

2)What sort of pressures are we looking at? Can't be much or it would blow the ends off easy enough?

Cheers
Murph

Yes Murph the bolts clamp to the pipe you can wrap the pipe with some electrical tape so the bolts dont mark the pipe and it is a neoprene wetsuit type rubber gasket.

pressure is about 50 psi max

Ollie

What ever !!

Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds