History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Tips you use to prepare your ride

Doing it without protection :-/

More
5 years 9 months ago #141589 by Murph the surf
We do a lot of very tight technical stuff and my fan on the 500 runs most of the time in those sections.
I'm sure it saves my bike from boiling over as I have seen plenty of other bikes spitting and hissing on our trails. The 500 came with the fan fitted but I'm sure it wouldn't be a biggy to fit one to your Kato.
Would only warrant fitting one if you have had temp issues in the past.
Cheers
Murph

82 DT175 new, 82 IT465, 84 IT490, 85 TT600 new, GPZ1100 the first EFI model, TT250, DR600, 04 KTM525 new, 07 KTM 525 new, 012 KTM500 new.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #144450 by Rach
Ok, just went back and checked this thread to see if there was anything i have missed. So far the only thing on here i haven't put on is the brake snake ... is the sole purpose of this to stop grass etc wedging between the brake lever and bike? They look like they might break easily ...

I ended up going with the fan after overheating my bike a few times in the singles and notice it running alot of the time so at least i feel like that was money well invested. :)

I am thinking next a steering damper .... at first armed with all my newbie knowledge (NIL, nothing, squat!) I thought this was really just for racing but since talking to a few people it sounds like they do a great job in increasing overall stability. (they seem a bit $$$$ so would want to a get a noticable improvement)

Well thats all I have left on the practical list ...next is bling :lol: :lol: :lol:

More
5 years 7 months ago #144453 by Murph the surf
Well done Rach
I think the brake snake is there to stop the brake pedal from bending out when impacting with trees and rocks etc. Never had one. The steering damper I can not really coment on either. Never had one on any of my bikes as I just couldn't come to terms with the cost. Unless you were doing heaps of fast open stuff or sandy tracks I doubt whether it would be worth while. Thats my 2 cents worth and I'm sure there will be other ideas out there
Cheers
Murph

82 DT175 new, 82 IT465, 84 IT490, 85 TT600 new, GPZ1100 the first EFI model, TT250, DR600, 04 KTM525 new, 07 KTM 525 new, 012 KTM500 new.

More
5 years 7 months ago #144455 by Rach
Thanks for the feed back.

I am definitely a fan of the single stuff over the open stuff anyday so I might hold off on the steering damper for the moment...... looks like i just fast tracked to bling :woohoo: (As soon as i stop dropping my bike so much i will get some :whistle: ) and if i ever end up on one of your rides Murph there be a pre-ride bling removal so it doesnt all get destroyed :cheer:

More
5 years 7 months ago #144457 by Trailraider
Hi Rach,
In my 350 I also run some fluid that raises the boiling point of the coolant and is supposed to make it run 15 deg cooler.
Its called "extra cool" or "Mr cool" or something like that.
I also have a fan on mine which does run fairly often in the tight singles.
When I picked mine up I was told not to leave it running while stopped waiting to regroup or whatever, always shut it off if your going to be stopped for more that 30 secs.

As for the damper, I had one on both of my TE450's but didnt have one on the 310 and didn't feel like it needed it.

I dont have one on the 350 and have no plans to fit one at the moment.
They do make a difference in the faster tracks especially if you hit something at an angle

LETS GO RIDIN' :)
Previous: '78 XL250,'82 YZ125, '84 IT490, '83 CR480, '82 XR200, '94 XR250, '06 XR400, '07 TE450, '09 TE450, '11 TE 310
Current: '13 EXC 350, DR650.

More
5 years 7 months ago #144469 by BOLLOCKS
Hi rach
i have to disagree in regards to a stearing dampner.
i put one on my bike last year..and i dont crash nearly as much as i use to :unsure:
Then again ive done bugger all riding in the last 8 mths :blush:
i think they are a good thing :)

Bol :woohoo:

previous rides;DINKY.DRAGSTER.Z50.DS80.sarah kate jenny angela etc..DT125.DT175.XR400.WR 250F.BMWF650GS Dakar(Heidi)CRF 450 x

current ride Husky FE 501 ..Spat me first ride!!!!!!

RELEASE BRIAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds