History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Tips you use to prepare your ride

Doing it without protection :-/

More
5 years 9 months ago #141450 by Rach
Ok so I have had my bike for three months now.....

When I bought it being a total newby I got the following add ons:

- Bark busters
- Bash plate

I happily went off riding thinking I had it all covered :unsure: ... It wasn't long before I realised that I also should have gotten radiator guards (bent them already) :ohmy: .

So this week I have finally gotten my crap together and ordered a set of radiator guards from Force.

On the to get list is the following:

- Fan
- Steg pegz

Up until now it has all been about the riding for me but this Saturday I am going to spend the morning in the garage with the bike doing the following:

- clean air filter
- oil change
- fit radiator guards (nice black pair)
- take of back tyre and get new one

Weirdly enough I am actually looking forward to it. :)

So am I missing anything else?? (Seriously why dont they tell you in the shop to get radiator guards!! :S )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #141453 by teza h
:( .

Huski 310,,,going strong.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by teza h.

• EAGLE`02
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • " Found Yellow Rock, Bald Rock & The Tunnel. Now what ???"
More
5 years 9 months ago #141454 by EAGLE`02
Hi Rach,
Just a few simple ideas come to mind from me

Brake Snake comes in handy if you like to have the odd rest here & there :whistle: (better than bending a rear brake pedal back or into the side of your case) :S

Maybe some Case savers/ guards, depending on availability for your bike and how much coverage your bashplate gives in that area,,,

Rimlocks if you haven`t got them already will help in securing the tyres to stop spinning and tearing valve stems at lower presures,,,

Never hurts to carry a spare front brake & clutch lever just in case the barkbusters fail or something jams in behind them in the event of an off ,,,, it can happen :unsure:

Good to hear your keen on the shedtime, It`s a great way to get familiar with your ride and also helps you to be more handy on the trail if the shit hits the fan and you need to fix something to get home ;)

Enjoy
And ignore Teza ,, He is hard done by in that area,,, obviously :laugh: :P

OLD BULL #101
Original Ride- `84 XR250R GONE
Previous Ride- `04 KLX250R GONE
Current Ride- 2010 KTM 690R Enduro :)
”Still hangin` in there”

More
5 years 9 months ago #141455 by toes
Would realy consider some lube or grease on linkages n bearings.while you have tools in your hands.

More
5 years 9 months ago #141459 by huskybloke
notice your going to re place rear tyre this is one thing you need to practice at home to get it right out on the track pinching tubes can be a b a stard

1986 RG500 had 13 great years with it
03 Honda XR650L
06 HuskyTE 510
10 KTM300
07 Honda cr 250 back to the future
12 ktm 250 sx
10 ktm 250 exc
old school YZ250
2015 YZ 250
2013 WR300 HUSKY last of the real huskys

More
5 years 9 months ago #141580 by Rach
Well rad guards didnt arive in time for weekend but I noticed one is bent so I will have to get that sorted first anyway.

Eagle thanks for the tips I will definately look into some of your suggestions.

I took the back tyre off and took it to mca Auburn today to get it changed ... yes I was going to cheat and have them do it..... but when I got down there they said they dont do it on a Sunday :angry: would have been nice if they told me that on the phone!! :angry: :angry:

But as I keen to ride tommorrow I ended up getting a friend to help me change it this afternoon ..... Huskybloke ... i reckon changing a tyre is a crap job anywhere never mind out on the track !! :S that is HARD AS!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: storky

Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds