History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Tips you use to prepare your ride

Keep your steed gleaming like new !!!

• EAGLE`02
  • EAGLE`02's Avatar Topic Author
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • " Found Yellow Rock, Bald Rock & The Tunnel. Now what ???"
More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #114851 by EAGLE`02
:) Had a visit from Deano this arvo enroute home with his new 690 ;)
He commented on the state of mine in the Cave, reckons it looks like a brand new showroom model :whistle:
He did see it in the flesh just last Sunday after the weekend trek to Nundle via Wauchoppy & they were all a tad brown from the dust & mud from the storm (as well as a lather of cowshit here & there) :pinch:

My tips is to use Chemtech CT20 Wash & Wax for the cleanup duties, I have never used a pressure washer, just a light rub with a sponge here & there to remove stubborn dirt,,,,
Once dry follow up with CRC Silicone Spray on the plastics and anywhere else you fancy :laugh: Next day simply wipe off the excess silicone with a clean dry cloth (I use an old woolen worksock)

It also aids in stopping the gunk from sticking next ride & hose off easy ;)

Then simply sit back & admire the shine B)

OLD BULL #101
Original Ride- `84 XR250R GONE
Previous Ride- `04 KLX250R GONE
Current Ride- 2010 KTM 690R Enduro :)
”Still hangin` in there”
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by EAGLE`02.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 week ago #114853 by DRool
I was wondering what the secret was :) . My problem is whenever I wash the bike it wants to go out straight after and always leads me to puddles and mud :huh: .

• EAGLE`02
  • EAGLE`02's Avatar Topic Author
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • " Found Yellow Rock, Bald Rock & The Tunnel. Now what ???"
More
7 years 1 week ago #114855 by EAGLE`02

DRool wrote: I was wondering what the secret was :) . My problem is whenever I wash the bike it wants to go out straight after and always leads me to puddles and mud :huh: .

Are you sure you have a DR and not a Labrador Pup ???? They like to do that after a bath :laugh:

Yeah, Thanx TB,,, I was wondering how the Pro Clean performed .
Bugs are a biartch to shift especially after a few days baked on there :whistle:

Looks the goods :)

ps , It must kil you too not using Bikeshine :whistle: :P B)

OLD BULL #101
Original Ride- `84 XR250R GONE
Previous Ride- `04 KLX250R GONE
Current Ride- 2010 KTM 690R Enduro :)
”Still hangin` in there”

More
7 years 6 days ago #115021 by pedro
yep spot on eagle 02 thats exactley what i do with me 07 wr and tenere they look like new cheers pedro

More
6 years 4 months ago #129491 by Westy82
Some of my mates never wash there bikes and there always the ones that have the dramas when out for a ride, I use the exact same procedure as eagle does when washing my drz400 and it always is easy to wash next time and let's me have a clear view to what repairs or what not I might need to do

More
6 years 4 months ago #129501 by Chris72a
I do use a pressure washer but I use the low powered one i have not the really powerful one, first with truck wash and get the bulk off then muc off for the 2nd go over, comes up a treat, then silicone spray or lanolin spray whichever I can find first, wd40 all pivot points, ie levers, pegz etc, I also like to take the wheels off and grease up the axels, Krusty put me on to some spray grease which is easy non messy to apply and dries white, also after washing a liberal dose of wd for the chain to prevent rusting.

Cheers
Chris.

Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get.

Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds