× Whats in your Garage, your ride or rides

Drewpy takes up smoking again!

More
3 years 1 month ago #172295 by xy-transit
By chance I found this site, www.ronniesmailorder.com

Says the fork body was shared by most of the bikes from 125 to the 660 rally years 2000 to 2002

So fork swap looks like it's on the cards

I only just realised that to some onlookers, I must resemble a ryno that has grabbed a warthog by the tusks, spurring it through the bush, laughing 'faster piggy, Faster!'

:silly: :woohoo: :p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #172443 by xy-transit
Fitting new chain adjuster bolts and blocks and some of the other parts that came in the dress up bits I noticed it has a 19" rear wheel.

What's the advantages of a 19" rear if any? Couldn't find a brand on them..... but I know they don't like the rim lock being tightened too much....

Now to fit all the lights and blue slip it.

I only just realised that to some onlookers, I must resemble a ryno that has grabbed a warthog by the tusks, spurring it through the bush, laughing 'faster piggy, Faster!'

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #172444 by Luke Charlesworth
I think the advantages of a 19 rear are that the tyre sidewalls are not as tall and hence have less flex which should help with hard cornering. They may even be a bit lighter then the 18 inch equivalent (less rubber)and hence have a bit less rotating mass. I cant tell the difference between the rear on the CRF450r vs 300EXC. But I couldn't ride the wheels off a pw50.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Luke Charlesworth.

More
2 years 9 months ago #172445 by axel
Replied by axel on topic Drewpy takes up smoking again!
That's odd. Sounds like one of the former owner did a swap for some MX rims. That's a bit annoying for you, stuck with MX tyres maybe and higher chance of punctures.

Don't ask me for help. I can't be trusted.

More
2 years 9 months ago #172446 by xy-transit
Thanks fellas.

There's a guy on epay that sells dot approved knobbys

Savage mx co.

They do a 19" but looks like limited choice in size and tread styles.

Moderators: Chris72aTBxy-transitTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds