History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Discuss anything KTM here

Ktm Fork Seal Replacement

More
7 years 9 months ago #98944 by Unit
Replied by Unit on topic Ktm Fork Seal Replacement
Hi All

Thanks for your responses and sorry about my delayed response.

I considered Mick's response and thought hmmm, have to take another bike to the mechanic anyway, haven't really got the time to do them, what the hell, take both bikes and get the KTM's value clearances checked etc.

I will try my hand at something easier.

Thanks again.
Unit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #98977 by Hatto
Replied by Hatto on topic Ktm Fork Seal Replacement
Hi Unit
Sorry for the delay, but to change mine over was very simple 1 hr max, it really is simple-just need to be clean.

Tools we used.
Rattle gun, 19mm, 17mm, special fork seal tool-but easily make your own, rags, oil, seals, something to remove spring clip inside tube.
I had a mate show me how but this link is exactly how we did it.

www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16751

regards hatto

More
7 years 8 months ago #99179 by charlie
Replied by charlie on topic Ktm Fork Seal Replacement
bit late i know but as hatto said, pretty easy and if you have a rattle gun you can completly dissassemble and do the job PROPERLY. it is not such a hard task as some make it out to be although there are a few crucial steps that must be taken when doing the job so as not to stuff it up. if you follow these it is pretty simple, once you do it a few times you will wonder why you ever paid someone to do it.
for anyone in sydney that wants to give it a shot but isnt quiet confident in doing it. i am more than happy to help out

More
7 years 7 months ago #100954 by Unit
Replied by Unit on topic Ktm Fork Seal Replacement
Charlie and Hatto

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will keep the reference in mind for next time.

Unit.

More
Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds