History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Discuss anything KTM here

KTM 690R , good allrounder??

More
8 years 5 days ago #92427 by gavb
Replied by gavb on topic KTM 690R , good allrounder??
After watching sutto on the sofala ride and riding Mickp's, this seems like a bike that would suit his purpose well.
I still think it is one of the most ugly bikes around at the moment. :ohmy: But will probably be my next bike as well. :woohoo:

Previous Ride- 74 Husky 250, XLX 250, 2x DT200R, 2x XR400,Yam WR450
Current Ride- KTM450 & KTm 640 ADV and anthing that cant get away quick enough.

I've accidentally swallowed some Scrabble tiles. My next crap could spell disaster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• EAGLE`02
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • " Found Yellow Rock, Bald Rock & The Tunnel. Now what ???"
More
7 years 5 months ago #103927 by EAGLE`02

Trailboss wrote: See Sutto pop his head up when a sales around :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now that I am in the Orange fold, so to speak ,,,,
I will need a foam Air Filter from Sutto when I vivit next week. Lets see if this lures him out of hiding ???? :laugh:

OLD BULL #101
Original Ride- `84 XR250R GONE
Previous Ride- `04 KLX250R GONE
Current Ride- 2010 KTM 690R Enduro :)
”Still hangin` in there”

• EAGLE`02
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • Adv Forum Moderator
More
7 years 5 months ago - 6 years 1 week ago #104664 by EAGLE`02
Well,
I have done 200k the past two days at Sunny Corner, albeit a fair bit of the k`s were in a road run back to Capertee via Portland & Cullen Bullen the retreive a spare rear brake lever for a fellow rider.
I did however also have some fun zipping round the trails near the campsite sat morning, arvo and this mornong before coming home. There were some little singles linking the trails that I had a run on & I was pleasantly surprise at the handling of the bike.

The other guys that had a run also remarked that it feels surprisingly nimble & light despite it`s looks. The seemingly tight steering is a thing I got used too and on return home this evening I have put it up on the stand & it is free as a bird, TB reckons he was looking for a Damper at first :laugh:

So far I am stoked with the choice of the 690 & reckon it should live up to every expectation I have for it as a true all rounder ;) Cant wait to fit the Touratech racks and other gear.

Hope to get a run in next weekend on some local trails & small singles with Jeffro to run the 690 & DRZ400 back to back to compare (if his shoulder is ok that is) :whistle:

More to come

OLD BULL #101
”Still hangin` in there”
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by EAGLE`02.

• EAGLE`02
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • Adv Forum Moderator
More
6 years 1 week ago #137239 by EAGLE`02
Still going strong at 21,000klm ;)

No sign of fuel pump issues or any problems at all really ...
Nor have the rear fuel tank mount bolts caused any problems yet. I think the Touratech racks with the double supports to each pillion peg mount help to support the load carrying and reduce the load on the mounts considerably.

Just completed the 2 Day Nav ride with some of Old Bulls Finest ad filmed by Runsoakedstudios :laugh:
And despite my suspension being set too firm, it still performed pretty well I reckon ;)
Thinking I might fit some bar risers to make the standing position a little more comfy, my arms suffered a bit over 1170klm in 2.5 days :dry:

All stripped of ADV gear and cleaned up yesterday ;)

I can see it hanging around for a few years yet B)

OLD BULL #101
”Still hangin` in there”

More
6 years 1 week ago #137242 by micknmeld
Thanks for the update Eagle. I have always liked the look of the Kato ever since Sutto rode that one on the Sofala ride a few years back. A few bad reports re: the subframe have been floating about and that tends to taint your thoughts a bit. Good to hear that you have had a great run with your bike. You always tend to listen to the bad stuff about a bike and absorb that info, it is always good to hear the up side of owning a particular model.

"The power of accurate observation, is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

• EAGLE`02
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • Adv Forum Moderator
More
6 years 1 week ago #137244 by EAGLE`02
Yeah,
ChrisT bought that Suttos Demo 690 and it was later snapped up by my mate Deano (passed on thru the ranks of OBT) :laugh:
It did develop floppy tank bolts and Deano replaced them with the Rally Raid replacements, He also fitted the Rally Raid front tanks and thermo switch to bring the fan on earlier. I also did the thermo mod later on thanx to Dean ordering some more stuff and tacking my stuff onto his order from the UK ;)

I check mine every so often & they are still fine.

He also did the fuel pump filter change mod, fitting an external filter in line which I will do soon, just waiting for a reason to pull it down to do the mod.

All the little niggly things have been well documented & sorted by other owners on variuos forums and I was well read on them prior to the purchase took place. Luckily I had the patience to wait & search for a bike that had a few ks on it plus a Barrett Pipe & some other stuff :)
He had also only had it on dirt a couple of times in 7000klms ;)

Yes,, It had a stripped grabrail bolt in the rear tank RHS and I epoxied that up once,,,, it needs doing again finally :whistle: No big issue though really, I rode the entire Nav ride with 3 bolts holding the rear rack on :laugh:

As you know I don`t ride hard or too fast at anytime and the bike should be strong enough to last me a good few more reliable years :cheer:

Cheers Mick

OLD BULL #101
”Still hangin` in there”

Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds