History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Discuss anything KTM here

front wheel bearings

More
4 years 9 months ago #161027 by bert
front wheel bearings was created by bert
I have tried to grease my front wheel bearings but after you take out the spacers there is a seal which I tried to remove but cant because its about the same thickness as a rubber glove & decided to leave it instead,still managed to get to the bearing & stick some grease in, my bike is a 2010/300,anybody had the same problem or is there an easy fix .The bearings still looked ok,were not dry & theres no movement in the front wheel.Cheers in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #161034 by Murph the surf
Replied by Murph the surf on topic front wheel bearings
Hey Bert
Assuming it is a KTM, the bearings are double rubber sealed units.
I just replace mine when I feel a bit of sideways movement (slop)
Cheers
Murph

82 DT175 new, 82 IT465, 84 IT490, 85 TT600 new, GPZ1100 the first EFI model, TT250, DR600, 04 KTM525 new, 07 KTM 525 new, 012 KTM500 new.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Murph the surf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bert

More
4 years 9 months ago #161037 by axel
Replied by axel on topic front wheel bearings
Most just replace when some play is felt. Some do try and re-grease them but I believe there isn't much difference in the life of them even if you do. They aren't insanely expensive to replace. The only time I replace them before they are worn is if I have a couple/few thousand Ks down and a multi day ride (or race) coming up.

Don't ask me for help. I can't be trusted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bert

Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds