History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Discuss anything KTM here

2005 ktm 250exc-f, what to look for

• TB
  • Site Owner
  • Site Owner
  • Roost with no excuses and Ride with no regrets
More
5 years 6 months ago #146418 by TB

Ollie wrote: Nothing steers like a Gasgas - except maybe an XR250 ;)

Ollie

I am sorry but it begs asking :laugh: . If a Gas Gas steers so well why did you put a CRF front end on your Gas Gas :huh: :laugh: :P (I dont care about facts either :laugh: )

Oh yeah nothing steers like a XR250 you are 100% correct IMO

TB

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ollie
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Roll me in Honey and throw me to the Lesbians!
More
5 years 6 months ago #146419 by Ollie

Trailboss wrote:

Ollie

I am sorry but it begs asking :laugh: . If a Gas Gas steers so well why did you put a CRF front end on your Gas Gas :huh: :laugh: :P (I dont care about facts either :laugh: )

TB

:laugh:
Corrossion on fork leg (my bad) complete front end swap for Showa twin chambers for about $700 (EBAY USA) ;)

Ollie

What ever !!

• TB
  • Site Owner
  • Site Owner
  • Roost with no excuses and Ride with no regrets
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #146420 by TB

Ollie wrote:

Trailboss wrote:

Ollie

TB

Corrossion on fork leg (my bad) complete front end swap for Showa twin chambers for about $700 (EBAY USA) ;)

Ollie

A tube would be cheaper than $700, you forgot to add the Showa is a better front end ;) Still further off topic Ollie I will have a heap of XR 650 parts coming up soon. I am not getting rid of my XR just have doubles and triples of soooooo many parts gathered up over years if you are interested. There is everything from new and second hand plastics to triple trees to shocks, forks, wheels, sprockets, blinkers, radiators, hoses, stators, electrics, swing arms, linkages, discs, maybe motard wheels, brake callipers, master cylinders and heaps more

TB

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by TB.

• Ollie
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Roll me in Honey and throw me to the Lesbians!
More
5 years 6 months ago #146423 by Ollie

Trailboss wrote:

Ollie wrote:

Trailboss wrote:

Ollie

TB

Ollie

A tube would be cheaper than $700, you forgot to add the Showa is a better front end ;) Still further off topic Ollie I will have a heap of XR 650 parts coming up soon. I am not getting rid of my XR just have doubles and triples of soooooo many parts gathered up over years if you are interested. There is everything from new and second hand plastics to triple trees to shocks, forks, wheels, sprockets, blinkers, radiators, hoses, stators, electrics, swing arms, linkages, discs, maybe motard wheels, brake callipers, master cylinders and heaps more

TB

Thanks mate ;) could do with some new blinkers maybe Motard heels B)

Marzocchi suspension is a copy of 92 model showa same as what was on my old 360 Husky :laugh: my fork tubes had been worked over so factor in another $3-400 in the end just not worth it.

Hey Rookie sorry mate about going off subject - get ya sis to have a look at an Alloy frame WRF ;) cant go wrong !

Ollie

What ever !!

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #146424 by micknmeld
The 250exc-f had a cam chain tensioner problem, that allows the chain to jump a tooth and lock everything up. The problem existed right through to the 2009 model. Just ask Moose, they had all sorts of trouble with their 09 model.

Like the other guys have said, go a WR.

"The power of accurate observation, is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by micknmeld.

Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds