History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Discuss anything KTM here

KTM 690 Subframe mods a youtube video

• TB
  • TB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Owner
  • Site Owner
  • Roost with no excuses and Ride with no regrets
More
5 years 7 months ago #145321 by TB
Found this while cruising youtube for some important information. Thought it maybe helpful for the punters here riding these 690's. I am sure a tech savy bloke like yourself Eagle could do most of this yourself in the man cave without having to purchase the kit.

TB

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• EAGLE`02
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • " Found Yellow Rock, Bald Rock & The Tunnel. Now what ???"
More
5 years 7 months ago #145341 by EAGLE`02
Yeah Thanx mate ;)
I watched this vid a long time ago when researching the 690`s and racks etc ,,,
My original tank bolts get checked about every 3 months and guess what,,,, No sign of any movement, slack or fatigue... they are one of the first items I checked on the bike on pickup (MickP`s advice actually)

I realise that it could happen one day and if I was lugging heaps of gear and fuel like in a Simpson Crossing or something, I would have changed them ages ago justin ;)
In my old job I had acess to guys that could have knocked a set of those out no worries,, no such luck currently :( :S

My Touratech racks have the double leg supports to the peg mounts and as such help support the rear end a lot more than the single leg KTM design also !!!
I continue to monitor for now, but both upper & lower bolts are definately on the list for changeout one day ;)

Cheers

OLD BULL #101
Original Ride- `84 XR250R GONE
Previous Ride- `04 KLX250R GONE
Current Ride- 2010 KTM 690R Enduro :)
”Still hangin` in there”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds