History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Discuss anything KTM here

ktm 300 exc jetting suspension and other

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #136424 by moto

Westy82 wrote: yeah sorry my bad not thinking real straight, im doing noddies as im typing this its way past my bedtime lol

I know how you feel, it 11:55pm here.......

.....later dudes!!

The worst thing about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents that you're gay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #136428 by razzle

moto wrote:
I know how you feel, it 11:55pm here.......

.....later dudes!!

Nooooooooo! Don't leave me, I need clip/needle/jetting advice! ...... oh crap :angry: Now I wish I never read this thread, I feel like my bike setup is all wrong now [grrrr]

Seriously though, good luck Westy, I'll keep reading with interest and hope to meet up with you as a "happy 2banger rider" on a ride soon.

Razz

2012 Husaberg TE300
2013 KTM 250SX

Gotta love a good mid-life crisis!

• EAGLE`02
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • Adv Forum Moderator
  • " Found Yellow Rock, Bald Rock & The Tunnel. Now what ???"
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #136430 by EAGLE`02
Yeah,
Good luck with it Westy,,,
It a sweet lookin` ride for a 2 Banger ;)

Moto has been there , done that is now back (on a 4 banger) ;)

I`m sure Mal5.1 could give good advice too, but he is busy at the A4DE ripping up the trails for a few more days :woohoo:

Cheers

OLD BULL #101
Original Ride- `84 XR250R GONE
Previous Ride- `04 KLX250R GONE
Current Ride- 2010 KTM 690R Enduro :)
”Still hangin` in there”

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #136432 by bert
I bought my 2010/300 last year & after 25years off bikes I to thought I had made a big mistake, had some lessons a few weeks back for the first time in my life (now 53) & now realise how good these things work ,dont give up to soon I love my 300 now.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #136439 by Murph the surf
Hey Westy
After owning two 525's, I almost went over to the 2T
Used to ride IT 465's and 490's many years ago
Ended up with the new 500 as I hate change. :blush:

Probably best to leave the standard softer spring in for our ride, mate
There will be a few hills
Cheers
Murph

82 DT175 new, 82 IT465, 84 IT490, 85 TT600 new, GPZ1100 the first EFI model, TT250, DR600, 04 KTM525 new, 07 KTM 525 new, 012 KTM500 new.

More
5 years 10 months ago #140215 by apc rally
Just wondering if you have changed the type of oil you are mixing with the fuel . Just another thought have you tried using less oil in your airfilter.
The stock jetting is pretty bloody good ,most people run the Mild power valve. They are usually a pretty good bike to get second hand because the people who ride them are usually pretty experienced.
Keep the bike as soft as you can to help it brake well. Most guys who go from a 4 st usually cook the rear brake fluid. I would change it straight away on a 2nd hand 300. The only bling I would reccommend is the extended brake resevoir with cooling fins.
I rode one last week with the new centrifical clutch . Sorry about the spelling. Gee it was good you could virtually climb any obstacle with half the speed you would normally need to carry.

Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds