History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Discuss anything KTM here

KTM 300 sprocket sizes

• TB
  • Site Owner
  • Site Owner
  • Roost with no excuses and Ride with no regrets
More
6 years 9 months ago #119427 by TB
Replied by TB on topic KTM 300 sprocket sizes

Ollie wrote:

Trailboss wrote: Didnt you take your rekulse out Ollie?

TB

yes I did, But that doesnt mean I dont like em. The critical gap went out of spec and I had to remove it so I could ride the bike until my new clutch set arrived from the states. The symptons Galey was describing was exactly where a Rekluse would shine without a doubt.

Ollie

Hey chill Ollie :laugh: I was just asking as the new bike which will be ready for Dungog has one I am interested is all. I was wondering why it had been removed. I am in two minds about them is all. On small bore bikes and two smokers yeah but on a big bore 4 stroke like is coming umm :dry: Time will tell

TB

TB

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #119428 by Bundyroy
Replied by Bundyroy on topic KTM 300 sprocket sizes
I run 13/52 and red spring. Love it. Not good for transport though. I don't do transport, that's why I have a ute. Mine's 2009 (5 speed). Probably my riding style but I find lower gearing helps me keep the power on in tight stuff and hills whilst in 2nd or 3rd gear. Going back to first leaves you more susceptible to the bike reving out and loosing traction. I do know there is probably no difference between 1st/2nd as it is total gearing that counts (gearbox and chain ratio) but psychologically I feel better in second.

• Ollie
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Roll me in Honey and throw me to the Lesbians!
More
6 years 9 months ago #119434 by Ollie
Replied by Ollie on topic KTM 300 sprocket sizes

Trailboss wrote:

Ollie wrote:

Trailboss wrote:

Hey chill Ollie :laugh: I was just asking as the new bike which will be ready for Dungog has one I am interested is all. I was wondering why it had been removed. I am in two minds about them is all. On small bore bikes and two smokers yeah but on a big bore 4 stroke like is coming umm :dry: Time will tell

TB

TB

Tb sorry if my response sounded angry or whatever but thats not how it is meant to be interpretted :blush: I was just letting you know why I had removed mine. Who is getting a new bike for Dungog? :huh: Even big bore 4T's would benefit from a Rekluse helps control the wheelspin and get traction.easier to ride a gear higher Even on the 650 you have to ride the clutch in the tight stuff,Rekluse means one less thing you have to worry about and less chance of a stall and going thru the whole starting procedure not having the button. Thats my thoughts anyway. ;)

Ollie

What ever !!

• Iva
  • Jumped the doubles
  • Jumped the doubles
  • Old rides WR250, WR430, XR630, TE450
More
6 years 9 months ago #119436 by Iva
Replied by Iva on topic KTM 300 sprocket sizes
I think we might have hijacked Galeys thread here but I agree with Ollie TB, though my Rekluse is only on a TE310 it definitely helps hold a higher gear when you need to like those shitty hills Galey appears to love, just gives the edge with respect to flexibility.
Also agree with Bundyroy, when i had a 2ST i found the higher gear helps heaps and all the KTMs and Huskys will carry one cause they have the right flywheel inertia to hold lower revs in higher gears - well maybe not the 125s or 200s but you get where i'm going!!

Luv Slippery
Luv Roostin'

Ride MY'11 TE310

More
6 years 8 months ago #121714 by SCGaley
Replied by SCGaley on topic KTM 300 sprocket sizes
Lads ,thanks for your input.

I have settled on Rockets gearing with the green spring. 14/ 50 .

One ride in ,the gearing was Ok for the tricky climbs in 1st, had to go too fast for 2nd. Green spring let me use more throttle and keep traction for longer befoe it got angry and spin up. Singles trails was spot on for 2nd or 3rd , 1st if Mal3.0 was in front of me.

I havent ridden with a recluse much , but i like how the bike will hold itself in gear on the hills if you stall OR stuff up. They are great for reducing fatigue on the hands / arms.

Thanks again

Galey :)

Any day on the bike is a good day!
Never get behind Marty450 and his M12 rear tyre!

Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds