History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Discuss anything KTM here

Reed valves ???

More
7 years 3 months ago #110121 by axel
Replied by axel on topic Reed valves ???
Yep he should have v3 already thats why im wondering if theyre broke. Roy they are not something that wears out so easy but good idea to check ob them as Mr B said above. Go the rad valve then maybe?

Don't ask me for help. I can't be trusted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #110145 by pete the wulf
Replied by pete the wulf on topic Reed valves ???
I do have a V3 and although I haven't checked yet, I think something may not be right.
My fuel economy has gone a bit crap and I seem to have a bog in my higher gears, every thing seems to be good and I have a feeling it maybe the reed valve.
It's no drama to replace the petals but thought maybe look at a new reed all together I also could find that there is nothing wrong with it at all and then it's back to trying to find out what the hell is wrong.

PTW

Dirt bikes don't come with a sense of humor so if you don't have one, don't get a dirt bike.

More
7 years 3 months ago #110154 by Mr Blue
Replied by Mr Blue on topic Reed valves ???
Reeds are consumables, they flutter and move mere thousandths of an inch at incredible frequencies, carbon fibre ones i believe are better but not infallible.
I used to replace the petals at rebore time, now I'd say at replate time.

Price?, last time i checked around the same money ex-usa, saying that i bought mine out of italy a few years ago, and the first set had too much clearance and my idle and throttle response was crud, so i had them exchanged.
Boyeson Rad-valve is funnily enough a more direct approach in design and works much better, a larger petal retains it's memory and is less upset but the funny pulses that (especially a crankcase Induction) 2Ts can have, they are just betterer all round.

Peter Wulfybloke, I had to rejet as the stronger signal with the V-force was stuffing my A/F ratio up, I actually went down 4 sizes on Pilot jet, and went to the JD Blue for summer, and looking at my piston wash I could go down some more... remember the stronger an engines (to a point) Vacuum signal is, the smaller the orifice needs to be to deliver the necessary volume of fuel.

BUTTTT read above, my first set was dodgy, and I'm not the only one who has noticed it.
and changing the petals on the V#s is a royal pain in the rear.

Strokes are hard to come by, why waste them

More
7 years 3 months ago #110155 by pete the wulf
Replied by pete the wulf on topic Reed valves ???
Thanks Mr Blue
Sounds like I might be on the right track, I knew the petals don't have an easy life.
I have also change my jetting, thats why i ruled out jetting and thought about the reed valve.
I didn't realize replacing the petals was a pain in the arse.

PTW

Dirt bikes don't come with a sense of humor so if you don't have one, don't get a dirt bike.

Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds