History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Discuss anything KTM here

ktm 525 cooling problem

More
7 years 3 months ago #109830 by Lefty
Replied by Lefty on topic ktm 525 cooling problem

axel wrote: Can I just throw in there in winter richening of the jetting is desirable due to the colder/denser air. Your bike will be running leaner and will tend to boil easier.
I note from experience (Sunday) that my 300 puffed out a gasp of steam a good 10C under what it would in the warmer months. I have a trailtek vapor with temp sensor and was surprise it boiled at that temperature.

Just a note Axel.
The boiling temp of the coolant will be lower if your cap is on the way out and it bleeds off too early and/or the coolant hasn't been changed for a while as it will go off. I would recommend a complete flush and change every 12mths. Coolant ratio 30% coolant 70% water. Using a good quality coolant 95% Glycol.

Cheers

Lefty

Geoff Forshaw Motorsport Services
Ph; +61 (0)419 627906
Email; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #109837 by axel
Replied by axel on topic ktm 525 cooling problem
Thanks Lefty good info. Will do.

Don't ask me for help. I can't be trusted.

More
7 years 2 months ago #111660 by Hatto
Replied by Hatto on topic ktm 525 cooling problem
Check the radiator cap, have been told that they need replacing about every 3 yrs

HATTO

More
7 years 2 months ago #111680 by white rocket

Murph the surf wrote: Good one Lefty
Believe it or not that is what happened to the old Landrover/186's thermostat. Rusted closed or part there of. :pinch:
Have heard of people fitting computer type cooling fans at a way lesser price of KTM's price.
I believe the new 012 Katos are standard with a thermo fan.
Great idea, although it comes at a price, not financially.
But I think if you want radiator guards the one with the thermo fan is some what compramised.
Cheers
Murph

if you crash and burn a bit like me think you have to remove the radiater brace to fit a fan that is the compramise don t like that idear :unsure: think the brace on force guards is very usefull

to old to fat to slow but still out there and talking shit

More
7 years 2 months ago #111681 by aido
Replied by aido on topic ktm 525 cooling problem

white rocket wrote:

Murph the surf wrote: Good one Lefty
Believe it or not that is what happened to the old Landrover/186's thermostat. Rusted closed or part there of. :pinch:
Have heard of people fitting computer type cooling fans at a way lesser price of KTM's price.
I believe the new 012 Katos are standard with a thermo fan.
Great idea, although it comes at a price, not financially.
But I think if you want radiator guards the one with the thermo fan is some what compramised.
Cheers
Murph

if you crash and burn a bit like me think you have to remove the radiater brace to fit a fan that is the compramise don t like that idear :unsure: think the brace on force guards is very usefull

Or bite the bullet and buy a new kato, they come with thermo fans.

BETTER TO BE THOUGHT A FOOL THAN OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT

Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds