History (18 Jul 2018)

Looking for any OB photos/videos/links that people may have if you have some to share can send me a PM and I will give u email address to send to. Thx C

× Discuss anything KTM here

300 EXC Top End Rebuild

More
7 years 7 months ago #101717 by axel
Replied by axel on topic 300 EXC Top End Rebuild
Ah rocket ... If these bikes were anywhere as finely engineered as whatever you have owned before, they would be double the price.

Speaking of piston clips, I wrote up a quick abs dirty howto somewhere on here.

Don't ask me for help. I can't be trusted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #101722 by Bundyroy
Replied by Bundyroy on topic 300 EXC Top End Rebuild
What tools do I need to measure all these things I need to measure. I have vernier calipers but no feeler gauges. I'm guessing I need feeler gauges at the very least.

Thanks for the help so far.

More
7 years 7 months ago #101726 by axel
Replied by axel on topic 300 EXC Top End Rebuild
Try and get some good feeler gauges. Wherever trade people get their tools from. Repco ones are ordinary, SCA and the like are rubbish. If you look after them and don't use them to clean your fork seals they should last a lifetime. Don't forget to borrow a torque wrench (optional but recommended) from a mate and get them to show you how it works. So you don't break it....

Don't ask me for help. I can't be trusted.

More
7 years 7 months ago #101729 by Murph the surf
I like to measure the bore using a Bore gauge, its a dial indicater on a stick. Might be a bit hard to come accross one unless you know a mate in the fitting trade. Inside micrometers will suffice and outside micrometers are are the go too for checking piston size.
Cheers
Murph

82 DT175 new, 82 IT465, 84 IT490, 85 TT600 new, GPZ1100 the first EFI model, TT250, DR600, 04 KTM525 new, 07 KTM 525 new, 012 KTM500 new.

More
7 years 7 months ago #101735 by Bundyroy
Replied by Bundyroy on topic 300 EXC Top End Rebuild
Sorry for being a bit random with my questions but I'm just putting them up as they occur to me.

With the gaskets do you just put them on dry or do you need some sort of gasket goo.

• Ollie
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Factory Team Racer
  • Roll me in Honey and throw me to the Lesbians!
More
7 years 7 months ago #101739 by Ollie
Replied by Ollie on topic 300 EXC Top End Rebuild
the gaskets are put on dry , but it pays to put a small amount of three bond over the area where the cases join. ;)

ollie

What ever !!

Moderators: Chris72aTBTrailraider
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds